Monday, October 8, 2012

Bora Bora Honeymoon Bungalow!

For a week, my home was an island. I woke up, walked on water, greeted the sun peeking out over the ocean, and said good morning to the fish beneath my feet. Yes, my home was an island, the sea was my backyard. How was this possible? I stayed in an authentic Tahitian hut as part of the Hilton Nui Bora Bora Resort. Below you’ll find photographs of my unique dwelling that may inspire your own island getaway or maybe even a Tahitian feel in your own home. However, you’ll have to experience the marvelous weather, gorgeous ocean, and Tahitian relaxation for yourself!





 A waterfall shower- just like I always wanted! (Check out my Sexy Showers blog post!) Take a trip to Tahiti every time you take a shower. The experience is almost as rejuvenating- the only difference is you’ll walk out into the real world instead of the ocean.



 Welcome to the neighborhood! No need to mow the lawn, trim the shrubs, or sweep the sidewalk. Here, the ocean’s beauty is all you need to take care of, and it’s pretty much self-sufficient!


 Need to get somewhere? Just jump of the deck and swim. Don’t forget to say hi to the fish on your way- there’s much to see under the sea. (Look, that’s me- just swaying in the breeze!)


 Ah, the interior décor of an islander: lots of warm wood paneling, wood carving, and tribal imagery. The hut is equipped with numerous windows to let the sun come in and the breeze pass through. No air conditioning necessary!




The giant king size bed surrounded by a soft white linen made us feel....well like we were on a far away island! Waking up in the morning and looking out into the open ocean is spectacular! Wish we could have stayed more than a week!


No comments:

Post a Comment