Monday, February 18, 2013

Color of 2013: Emerald Green

Green has always been a favorite color of mine. I have green eyes which I think was when I first fell in love with green! Although my eyes are emerald green....they are still green! :)
Rich, saturated colors are so bold and make such a statement in a space. Please are naturally drawn to eye-catching things(such as bright colors) and it stimulates the brain and makes people think! That is how I feel about interiors, in my designs I always have elements that standout on purpose! It creates more interest and keep people in that space longer usually. Well I have yet to use emerald this year in my designs but I am sure it will be used soon with all these beautiful examples of the hue! Enjoy!




 Oh my! These tiles are gorgeous! A stunning use of the color, but make sure you are going to still love it for years to come. They even used the tiles in a vertical and horizontal pattern which gives it more of a modern look!



Love the color but not sure where to bring it in to your space? Well a great way is in a small accent piece, such as a nightstand. Mix it with other patterns and colors for a mixed look! 

 
 Want a quick fix for a bland room? Pillows are a great inexpensive way to bring in color. Whether you change your pillows for the season or every year or so this is a great way to keep your home looking fresh!


   Paint, the other quick fix for adding color. Keeping your furniture neutral is a great way to add accents elsewhere in the room. Like the wall for instance, and a can of paint makes a statement and is easy on the wallet!  



   Bathrooms look great in white but sometimes white can be lonely, which is why a friend is nice to bring in.  Here the emerald is paired nicely with the crisp white on the walls and a few decorative accessories.



 
Hope you guys enjoyed today's inspiration! Fell free to leave a comment.  Tell us what you liked and if you are in need of inspiration and its not here.....we will find you some!
Like what you see?
Make sure you never miss anything! Follow us!
Facebook     Website     Houzz      Pinterest     Twitter 

No comments:

Post a Comment