Sunday, March 18, 2012

Make It Work!

I don’t know about you, but I find that when most people focus on working they tend to let their workspace get a little cluttered, albeit temporarily. I for one, have to stay organized. I absolutely cannot stand not having a place for every little thing. I came across a few examples I wanted to share, of how you can stay organized and keep your space from looking cold. 



 Don’t let small spaces go to waste! Too often we only think in two dimensions and ignore valuable vertical space. Apply matching shelving to create convenient storage and a work place. 
 

  I love the idea of integrated pieces. Why should furniture only have one use? This high gloss example includes a nicely organized work area. When you finish your work and it’s time to relax, this desk makes for easy clean up.



  You can never have enough storage.  Or natural light. I like to avoid the feeling of “working” as much as possible. Remember, this space is still part of your home and it should feel comfortable. Including natural light will help keep your home office feeling like it’s still part of your home. 



 Another integrated desk that caught my eye (the K Workstation). I like this solution as its an efficient use of a small space. This bamboo laminated plywood desk provides storage above and a nice and tidy place to work below. I particularly enjoy the texture the bamboo grains provide.



Populating an office doesn’t need to be expensive! Even on a small budget you can have what you want and need- it’s all in the planning and execution. Most of the pictured items are from Ikea believe it or not. However you plan to make your home office space your own, don’t be afraid of new ideas.
 
 
 
Like what you see?
Make sure you never miss anything! Follow us!
Facebook     Website     Houzz      Pinterest     Twitter 



No comments:

Post a Comment